Martini Flatbread. Round Two in the Cocktail Pizza Series


So I'm sure you're all totally stuffed from my Bloody Mary pizza, but stay with me cuz this next one is just as amazing. This pizza is inspired by a martini! It actually took me a bit of time to figure out what kind of cocktail I could base my next pizza on. As soon as I thought about doing this series, I knew I wanted to do a bloody mary pizza, and my final sweet pizza was pretty obvious one too. However, I struggled with finding a nice transition piece between the two. I flipped through tons of pins and websites before I finally settled on the ever classic martini. However, once I decided the type of cocktail, I was then faced with the challenge of how to execute it... I mean the bloody mary was pretty simple, vodka sauce and toppings from the cocktail... but a martini is so quintessentially simple that I wasn't sure if I could successfully turn it into a pizza. So I did what any true foodie does, I winged it. And wow, it turned out wayyyy better than I could have expected.


Basically, I just tossed all of the martini ingredients into a saucepan with some butter and used that as a sauce. Pretty simple, but hot dang. I'm convinced that gin, olive brine, and garlic are the key ingredients to success and happiness. 



Ingredients
Pizza dough (store bought or homemade is fine. I used the Pillsbury kind)
Sauce
1 tbsp vegan butter
1 tsp garlic
1/4 cup olive brine
1 tbsp gin
Toppings
1 cup sliced kalamata olives
1 cup sliced green olives
1 1/2 cup sliced pearl onions
optional parsley

Method
1. Sautée the vegan butter and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat until the butter is completely melted. Stir in the olive brine and gin, remove from heat and set aside.
2. Cook your pizza dough according to your recipe or packaging instructions. Some dough must be cooked a little before toppings can be added. Spread half of the sauce over the dough then add your toppings (excluding parsley).
3. Bake your pizza according to the dough instructions then allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the pizza and serve warm.


Want more? Check out my Bloody Mary pizza here, and stay tuned for the sweet finale coming this weekend.


Comments

Popular Posts