Pumpkin Spice Waffles
Fall is my absolute FAVORITE time of year. I love the colors, I love the flavors, I love the weather. It's fabulous and cozy and in Texas it means a short break from the never ending heat. Since Fall is so special to me I knew I had to post a very special something to mark it's coming. Anything pumpkin is an obvious but necessary choice. There may be a million pumpkin recipes out there but in my opinion you can never get enough pumpkin! I chose to use Silk's Pumpkin Spice coconut milk in order to get the consistency that I wanted. Also I saw it Whole Foods and had never tried it before. One taste and I was hooked and dying to experiment with it. Normally I am more of a pancake person, but my husband is a die hard waffle fan. You only have to look at the photos to tell who won that battle.
1 1/4 cups of unbleached flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp unrefined cane sugar (or any other vegan sugar of your choice)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup of Silk Pumpkin Spice Coconut Milk
4 tbsp water
For toppings I used Earthbalance, walnuts and maple syrup but feel free to add your own spin to it.
1. Preheat waffle iron to the basic waffle setting
2. Combine together all dry ingredients in a medium bowl
3. In the center of the flour mix pour in the wet ingredient and whisk together just until no lumps remain. Note** If you feel like your batter is too thick for your waffle iron add more water 1 tbsp at a time until the desired consistency is reached
4. Grease waffle iron with a vegetable oil spray
5. Pour 1/2 cup of batter into your waffle iron and allow it to bake until heated all the way though.
Baking time will vary with each iron but I bake mine for about 6-8 minutes
6. Remove from waffle iron and serve immediately