Sweet Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
One of the questions I get the most as a vegan is "but where do you get your protein?!" My answer is generally "from a bunch of things!" Pumpkin seeds are included in that bunch of things. About 1/3 cup of pumpkin seeds has 12 grams of protein! They are easy to carry around and munch on throughout the day and there are so many different ways that you can season them to your liking. But I have a raging sweet tooth so it made sense for me to coat my seeds in sugar! Coconut sugar is relatively low sweetener on the glycemic index and also has more vitamins and minerals than "normal" table sugar. Many normal table sugar brands are also processed using animal bone char which means it isn't vegan. Coconut sugar is a safe alternative for vegans and animal lovers everywhere! So whether you want to give yourself a little fall treat or get some easy portable protein these pumpkin seeds are perfect!
2 cups of fresh raw pumpkin seeds
4 Tbsp of coconut sugar
1 tsp of pumpkin spice
2 Tbsp of melted Earth Balance
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees and lightly grease a cookie sheet
2. In a small bowl whisk together sugar, pumpkin spice and Earth balance until combined
3. In a larger bowl pour the sugary mixture over the raw pumpkin seeds and stir until the seeds are evenly coated
4. Spread the coated pumpkin seeds in a thin layer across the cookie sheet and bake for 2 hours
5. Remove from oven and allow seeds to cool to a comfortable temperature before serving.