Triple Chocolate Biscotti
Valentine's Day is coming and love is in the air! Well love and food of course! There's something about coffee that is so romantic. I just love the idea of lazy Sundays in bed with my hubby sipping coffee and eating delicate pastries. But unfortunately my husband hates coffee. Like straight up. He doesn't like any sort of coffee: black, latte, french press, or slow drip. Doesn't matter. He won't touch the stuff. And he hates coffee breath too... So that means if I want cuddles and kisses on my lazy Sunday I better not be drinking coffee. What's a helpless romantic to do? Well I can still live out part of my fantasy if I eat those delicate pastries! So that's exactly what I do! One of these such pastries is biscotti. Biscotti is a hard cookie that many people eat dipping in coffee or tea, but if you don't mind a crunch it can be eaten on it's own as well. I had a few friends swing by one day and I offered them this biscotti. Oh goodness they were in heaven! Both the full blooded Italian and the sassy gay omnivore approved, and I definitely had a proud blogger moment. So whether or not your significant other likes coffee, they are sure to be impressed with these cookies.
1 cup of flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup of raw cane sugar
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
Chocolate Drizzle (optional)
1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 325 and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Shift together flour, baking powder, cocoa, and sugar then stir in melted coconut oil, almond milk and chocolate chips until well combined.
3. Spread batter evenly in the loaf pan and then bake for 45 minutes.
4. After 45 minutes remove the loaf from the oven and allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes. Using a bread knife slice pieces off the loaf about an inch thick.
5. Lay slices face down on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 325. Flip slices over and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
6. In a small microwave-safe bowl microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil for the drizzle. Microwave for 1 minute removing the bowl to stir in 20 second increments.