Parmesan Kale Chips


You've heard of the crazy cat lady? Well I have turned into the krazy kale lady. I don't know what's been going on, but lately I just haven't been able to get enough of this stuff! I put it in salads, smoothies, everything! I just had to figure out a way to sneak kale into the Super Bowl recipe series some how. Eventually I decided to do kale chips. I mean you have to have chips at a Super Bowl party! If you won't you'll have a very angry mob (previously known as friends) on your hands. But alas tortilla chips, potato chips, and Doritos are crazy unhealthy for you. I mean I believe in cheat meals as much as the next gal but I'd rather not waste my only cheat meal of the week on a bag of chips. Enter kale. Kale chips have a terrifically satisfying crunch that rivals any junky chip. You can make all kinds of kale chips with whatever seasoning you like, but my personal favorite is vegan parmesan. It pairs perfectly with kale's unique taste and makes it even more irresistible.




Ingredients 
1 head of kale - leaves removed from stem and shredded into bite sized bites
1/2 cup of vegan parmesan cheese - you can buy ready made vegan parmesan cheese or you can make your own using this recipe 
olive oil cooking spray

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Spread kale out over a baking sheet ( you might need two)
3. Lightly spray kale with olive oil cooking spray and evenly sprinkle parmesan over the kale. If you like you can use up to 1 cup of parmesan. It just depends on your preference.
4. Bake kale for 8-10 minutes or until crispy but not burnt

Serve immediately. If you want to save your kale for later place it in an airtight container until you are ready to eat it then reheat it in the oven on broil for a few minutes before serving. 



But you can't survive off just chips during the game! Heaven forbid! Check out these other Vegan Super Bowl recipes to keep your party going.




Comments

Popular Posts